Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Things that make me annoyed!

Geez where to begin. 
First things first, in case you notice a different email address associated with this blogger account, it's correct. My old aggiemail.usu.edu email is still in use, but no longer associated with my blogger account. This change was against my will. Aggiemail apparently made some changes and told me that my blogger would carry over. Nay. Not so. The Help Desk at USU has yet to get back to me about all this- so I just went ahead and made a new gmail account and linked my blog to it. So far, I haven't had any problems reading the private blogs that have my aggiemail email as the email to send the invite to. Hopefully it stays that way. I had been thinking about getting a new email account for a while now (like since the day my name changed from Thompson to Fairbanks) but because I loved my aggiemail account, and had everything registered to that email, I never changed it. Changing your email address is like... like, something that is really tedious and obligatory. Maybe, getting a tooth pulled, or getting a colonoscopy.
Here are the reason why changing my email is a huge pain in my rear:
1. my entire life surrounds around that email address- although it's still in use, it seems a little ridiculous to have three working emails. Two makes sense, you have to have a back up or a junk email account... but three?
2. this wouldn't be such a big deal if I weren't avidly looking for a job, using that email on all my applications, resumes, and the email in which I've sent 30+ resumes and inquires from.
3. when you go to change your email address or sign up for a new one... you usually get this statement in bright red : sorry that username is unavailable. How annoying. Someone out there in the world has my exact same name through the exact same email carrier. I guess if you had a super common name you'd be used to it, but since my name is rather uncommon, I'm bugged. 
4. do you know how many websites I have to go to and switch my email address through? Do you know how many government documents are sent to my email directly? This is not including all the contacts from fellow people I associate with... no no... this everything else in the entire world!!

Moving on. 
I'm a bit annoyed when people treat me like a child. I don't appreciate you throwing the word 'sweety' in when you're trying to talk to me or explain something to me. I'm 23 years old. This also goes for my step mom who seems to think she's my mom, and tries to shelter me. I wasn't born yesterday, I know what sex is. Please stop trying to explain it to me. I like her, but sometimes I just want to snap. I guess I kind of just did, didn't I?


One last thing I'm annoyed with.
Lately I have been needing to talk with my best friend, and because we can generally only communicate through Facebook, sometimes we aren't ever online at the same time, or have to send messages back and forth and details get skipped over, or we are just so busy we don't check it often enough. I never can seem to catch her and when I do, my email decides to die (the above story) and I'm in the middle of a panic attack. I don't have many friends here in Canada, and often I can't just call them up when I just need to talk, although they've offered that I can, in fact do that, I know that, really, I would be more of a hindrance. I'm so much younger than most of my friends here, I sometimes feel kind of left out. Most of them have kids, and, not that I don't mind children but once you have kids, the dynamics change. It's like you enter into a different realm of adulthood when you squeeze a living creature out of your uterus. No matter how much you try to deny it, there is a huge gap between married with children and married with no children. I'm annoyed that I can't bridge that gap sometimes. I definitely know some people who are awful parents, and their parenting skills are about as good as mine are right now, and even then I can't seem to connect on the same level. I guess it's just annoying that I can't have my best friend here with me.



Sorry it got a little personal, but that's what blogs are for. Blogs are like the best friend who never asks for anything, but just provides a void for you to put all your feelings into.

My next post will probably feature some, if not all of our trip to Denver. Like Evan coming home from his mish, Nacho Libre masks, my birthday, and some other stuff like that. Happy Hump Day!

5 comments:

valerie said...

I know what you mean about people thinking you are a child. I went to quilting group and some lady was like "lets do it this way,Let me show you how to do it right, you don't want to do it that way, let me do this for you.. ect..." I was like leave me alone! I wanted to leave. ugh.. some people..

Shilah said...

I have a few things I'd like to say about you step mother... but I don't have the courage to post it. Haha. Maybe one day you can turn it around on her and give her a lecture.

Jes said...

Wow that email thing really was an issue! When you posted earlier I thought you just meant the site was down or something :(

...and I also know what you mean with being treated like a child by some people. SO annoying!!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I'm sorry life is so stressful. I feel like I am right there with you on the not knowing who you can vent to and just needing to get it out. It's tough.

So did you say you can still access your aggiemail? I was using my aggiemail for my blog too and then I ran out of space on my blog so I tried creating a new e-mail and it ended up tying it to my blog and so it too changed my blog e-mail address. I was so annoyed! I tried everything to change it back but the problem I was having was that I couldn't log back in to my aggiemail account because I never actually logged on through usu's site- I only used it for my blog. I don't know if you know you can do this but I had set my aggiemail up forever ago so that it would forward any e-mails I got to my primary e-mail address and then I didn't have to ever log in to aggiemail. So like I said, I can't actually log on to aggiemail anymore but I am still getting my e-mail forwarded to my other account. I think if I were to get in contact with the help desk they could help me reset my password but I have never really cared to do so.
I don't know if that helps you any, just a thought...

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

Thanks Liz- I'm glad I'm not the only one to have problems. I got it worked out and just ended up getting a new email and have it set up on my aggiemail that I can still log in to it, but also all the mail is being sent to my new email. And I also changed my log in for my blog. It all got worked out, but now I'm trying to figure out how many things have my aggiemail address and switching it. Boo aggiemail for being so lame!!