How grateful I am for my husband.
Lately I have been one heck of an emotional roller coaster (thank you father, for contributing the chromosome that made me a girl). Warren has really stepped it up a notch. Normally I don't brag about him too often because he's 25 going on 11 and there isn't much to brag about unless it were a "my husband can beat your husband at Nintendo" argument, but today he deserves some recognition. Amidst my emotional turmoil, I had a small bout of some self worth. Or lack thereof. As I kind of whined about previously, I haven't felt much like a super star. I recently turned 23 and have NOTHING accomplished in life that I had planned on accomplishing. Warren told me several times and in several different ways, how important I am and that I made a huge sacrifice that most people with my same level of independence wouldn't make, and that this is all part of a greater plan. He reminded me that all my young women adore me, which is no small compliment considering I am the newest addition, and the youngest (and the shortest...). He reminded me that I've come a long way from my college days of not knowing how to cook Rice-A-Roni. He also rambled off all the things that he admires about me (some may or may not have been a variety of my facial expressions). It was beyond adorable and exactly what I needed to hear. He's not exactly one for serious conversations or for being the type of friend I need when I'm at my lowest, but he really came through this time. He told me how I am going to be such a great mom because I have this running list of all the things my kids aren't going to do, like run around in just diapers everyday. This comment especially hit home since I'm super homesick, and because some involuntary life form that wants children is ripping through my body and taking over like some sort of alien monster. It was just good to hear coming from the future father.
I was also reminded of how awesome Warren is one night when I was talking with my good friend Tressa (who by the way, is way ahead of me in the baby making department and is now on her third ). We were talking about some of our other friends who do weird things that really make you wonder how on earth they've made this far in life and why their children haven't been taken away yet, and how thankful we were that we married smart and intelligent people. You can call it gossiping all you want, I wont deny it, but it just made me grateful to have Warren around knowing he's smart with his money and is respectful and responsible, and isn't naive and sheltered. Plus, you should see him around kids and his scouts...it makes me smile (that was the alien monster talking). So thanks Warren for being awesome and wonderful and for adhering to my emotional neediness and not judging me when all I want for dinner is chocolate ice cream. All nerdyness aside, he's pretty okay. I think I'll keep him.
I love you poop face!
Lately I have been one heck of an emotional roller coaster (thank you father, for contributing the chromosome that made me a girl). Warren has really stepped it up a notch. Normally I don't brag about him too often because he's 25 going on 11 and there isn't much to brag about unless it were a "my husband can beat your husband at Nintendo" argument, but today he deserves some recognition. Amidst my emotional turmoil, I had a small bout of some self worth. Or lack thereof. As I kind of whined about previously, I haven't felt much like a super star. I recently turned 23 and have NOTHING accomplished in life that I had planned on accomplishing. Warren told me several times and in several different ways, how important I am and that I made a huge sacrifice that most people with my same level of independence wouldn't make, and that this is all part of a greater plan. He reminded me that all my young women adore me, which is no small compliment considering I am the newest addition, and the youngest (and the shortest...). He reminded me that I've come a long way from my college days of not knowing how to cook Rice-A-Roni. He also rambled off all the things that he admires about me (some may or may not have been a variety of my facial expressions). It was beyond adorable and exactly what I needed to hear. He's not exactly one for serious conversations or for being the type of friend I need when I'm at my lowest, but he really came through this time. He told me how I am going to be such a great mom because I have this running list of all the things my kids aren't going to do, like run around in just diapers everyday. This comment especially hit home since I'm super homesick, and because some involuntary life form that wants children is ripping through my body and taking over like some sort of alien monster. It was just good to hear coming from the future father.
I was also reminded of how awesome Warren is one night when I was talking with my good friend Tressa (who by the way, is way ahead of me in the baby making department and is now on her third ). We were talking about some of our other friends who do weird things that really make you wonder how on earth they've made this far in life and why their children haven't been taken away yet, and how thankful we were that we married smart and intelligent people. You can call it gossiping all you want, I wont deny it, but it just made me grateful to have Warren around knowing he's smart with his money and is respectful and responsible, and isn't naive and sheltered. Plus, you should see him around kids and his scouts...it makes me smile (that was the alien monster talking). So thanks Warren for being awesome and wonderful and for adhering to my emotional neediness and not judging me when all I want for dinner is chocolate ice cream. All nerdyness aside, he's pretty okay. I think I'll keep him.
I love you poop face!
5 comments:
I Love this post... Poop face! Bahaha! And what's this about some alien monster... you got the cravings>?! i have to agree with Warren - you have alot of awesomeness that you need to give yourself credit for! I'm so happy that he was there for you!
Good Post. I love this.
Isn't it great when your hubby can make you feel so special? Way to go Warren.
I'm so glad to hear that Warren came through for you! I know exactly how you feel and it is so nice to have someone there to remind you that maybe you're not a total failure. (i feel this frequently) I'm so glad he did. I think you are amazing and absolutely adorable!
This makes me smile. :) Way to go, Warren!
Post a Comment