Remember how I said that my Pretty Thoughts Journal could be about whatever I wanted, as long as it was relevant? That's what this post will be like... relevant. I hope it gives you all warm fuzzies inside.
My best friend is now in an official committed relationship. Her first boyfriend. And first kiss! It seriously almost brings tears to my eyes. Is that sappy, or what?
It's a pretty big deal. So many male figures have lead her on, and made her feel special, and then just woke up one day and changed their minds, leaving her with a lot of doubts about herself and making her feel un-pretty. She has always struggled with her self image, but who hasn't? It bothered me so much that these relatively good guys, would hurt someone so special. It put me in between a lot of rocks and hard places when we would talk about this subject. She always put herself down. I would tell her over and over again how beautiful she was and, just a couple weeks ago, told her that good guys don't care about outward appearance. It sounds so cliche, but it's true! A good guy will love you no matter what! Unforunately, she wouldn't hear of it. It broke my heart to hear her put herself down so much, because no matter how hard I tried, I knew that nothing I said or did would really change her mind all that much. It's sad that our society and the media much so many ideas into people's heads. It's sad that there are so few good people left in the world.
What this friend doesn't know, or maybe she does (I don't know), is that I have always been jealous of her. She complained about being too tall... well at least she could drive without sitting on a phone book (that's not an exaggeration either, my first day in drivers ed I really did have to sit on a phone book). She has beautiful dark, full, thick hair that can be either curly or straight. Her skin is naturally dark, so no tanning necessary! She has super long eye lashes and chocolate brown eyes that reminds me of Hershey's kisses. She always has on the cutest clothes ever, and is always modest and never has to adjust anything! Her laugh is contageous, and the fact that tears usually follow her laughter, just makes it that much more funny! She is a very loyal person, and such a good friend and sister to her siblings. She would listen to me complain about dumb stuff, and always had something nice and uplifting to say. She is so Christ-like. She truly has Christ in her countenance. I wish I could be half the person she is (don't make any short comments there!) and I would kill to look like her! She is amazing. And I admire her sooooo much.
I'm so happy that someone has come into her life and made her feel pretty again. She deserves so much, to be recognized as the gorgeous person she is! And I can tell already that they are a super cute couple! It makes me so happy to see someone I care so much for, finally know what it's like to be loved and appreciated like that! I love LOVE! There's not a doubt in my mind that he is perfect for her! [But, if he ever hurts her in any way, I will kick him in the... pants. :) ]
This picture is actually of my bro in law and future sister in law... it's so cute. I love this picture!
My best friend is now in an official committed relationship. Her first boyfriend. And first kiss! It seriously almost brings tears to my eyes. Is that sappy, or what?
It's a pretty big deal. So many male figures have lead her on, and made her feel special, and then just woke up one day and changed their minds, leaving her with a lot of doubts about herself and making her feel un-pretty. She has always struggled with her self image, but who hasn't? It bothered me so much that these relatively good guys, would hurt someone so special. It put me in between a lot of rocks and hard places when we would talk about this subject. She always put herself down. I would tell her over and over again how beautiful she was and, just a couple weeks ago, told her that good guys don't care about outward appearance. It sounds so cliche, but it's true! A good guy will love you no matter what! Unforunately, she wouldn't hear of it. It broke my heart to hear her put herself down so much, because no matter how hard I tried, I knew that nothing I said or did would really change her mind all that much. It's sad that our society and the media much so many ideas into people's heads. It's sad that there are so few good people left in the world.
What this friend doesn't know, or maybe she does (I don't know), is that I have always been jealous of her. She complained about being too tall... well at least she could drive without sitting on a phone book (that's not an exaggeration either, my first day in drivers ed I really did have to sit on a phone book). She has beautiful dark, full, thick hair that can be either curly or straight. Her skin is naturally dark, so no tanning necessary! She has super long eye lashes and chocolate brown eyes that reminds me of Hershey's kisses. She always has on the cutest clothes ever, and is always modest and never has to adjust anything! Her laugh is contageous, and the fact that tears usually follow her laughter, just makes it that much more funny! She is a very loyal person, and such a good friend and sister to her siblings. She would listen to me complain about dumb stuff, and always had something nice and uplifting to say. She is so Christ-like. She truly has Christ in her countenance. I wish I could be half the person she is (don't make any short comments there!) and I would kill to look like her! She is amazing. And I admire her sooooo much.
I'm so happy that someone has come into her life and made her feel pretty again. She deserves so much, to be recognized as the gorgeous person she is! And I can tell already that they are a super cute couple! It makes me so happy to see someone I care so much for, finally know what it's like to be loved and appreciated like that! I love LOVE! There's not a doubt in my mind that he is perfect for her! [But, if he ever hurts her in any way, I will kick him in the... pants. :) ]
This picture is actually of my bro in law and future sister in law... it's so cute. I love this picture!
LOVE IS GREAT!

4 comments:
I will kick him too! But here is to not needing too!
You are sooooo sweet!
I like this post. I love the way you talk about your friend. She seems like a wonderful person. And I think it also shows what a wonderful person you are as well. Such a loyal friend. And I do love that picture of your BIL and soon to be SIL. Very fun.
That is a really cute picture? Are they trying to make a heart in the empty space? Cuz that's what I see! :)
Post a Comment