Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Meet stress relief

This is my new bike. I got it today. I'm basically in love.
Sorry for the poor quality, it's dark. This is the second bike I've ever owned. We live super close to a provincial park (and when I say super close, I mean we basically reside inside) and there are all sorts of paths and wildlife. I hate running, but unfornately it's super good for you and I just can't bring myself to do it. Plus the wildlife scares me so I rarely go outside unattended. So having a bike, makes me feel like I could outrun any wild animal that tries to get me. I went for a ride with my neighbor Allison tonight and it was much needed, and super fun! It took me a little while to get used to riding a bike again, since I haven't ridden a bike since I was 16. My butt hurts, and my legs are dying.. my hands are a little raw from the handle bars... it's all a part of the territory though. Ooo I'm so happy!!!
The details... it reminds me of Hawaii...

And my super cute new helmet! It even has a visor, which is new compared to the last helmet I owned back in the 90's... I feel so hard core now.

I'm really excited to have a bike because it can be a solo activity as well as a group activity. I really needed to find a new outlet for some of my emotions, since blogging about small issues clearly is out of the question. Sometimes it seems like when I talk about how upset I am about having to plan my mothers funeral, depresses everyone and no one really cares or wants to read about it. So hopefully this helps me get my frustrations out.

This is a little random, but I just have to give props to my family. They are amazing. I am the first to admit that my family is a little dysfunctional (by a little,  I mean a lot) but I am so happy they are my family. Recently, I had to call my dad's side of the family to let them know about my mom's condition. I have known for a few weeks, but it's getting to the point now, some days and at certain times of the day, where I can talk about it without completely losing it, so I called them up and gave them the bad news. My mom and dad divorced 20 years ago, and still to this day are good friends. Their families get along wonderfully, and visit each other. My uncle on my dad's side, visited my grandmother on my mom's side today. You don't really expect people to be that close 20 years after the divorce. I just love them. I don't know what I would do without them. Go teams Thompson and Olson/Bahmer! Hahaha!

4 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I'm jealous! I so want to get a bike. We live right next to the legacy trail down in salt lake and maddie keeps begging me to buy a bike so we can ride together. I'm sorry about everything going on with your mom. I know that can't be easy. But I know you are a strong woman Kelsey and you will be able to do whatever you need to do. Hang in there!

Kim and Dan Rowley said...

Kels,
I LOVE your helmet! haha I want one just like it! I know that if we still lived in the same area we would still be best friends. Just within the last year I've pulled my bike out of the dusty dirty garage and have been riding it on the green belt several times. And like you it's taken a while for my butt to not hurt but it's worth it.
I'm really sorry to hear about your mom but I do like being kept up to date on what's going on. So I say keep writing about it! It's your blog! And I thought your prego post was hilarious!! Anyways...keep writing about it, and ride that bike till your legs fall off! :)

[Insert Clever Blog name here] said...

I Love your bike and really am sad that I couldn`t go with you on Wednesday BUT can`t wait for another invite! :)
I think that`s amazing too for your Dad`s side to be on such good terms wtih your Mom`s side - i figure that makes a HUGE difference! How`s your Mom doing? I think about you both alot!

Amy said...

I love your bike..it is so cute! And I'm so sorry that your mom's condition has gotten so bad. I can't imagine how you're feeling. I am inspired by your honesty on your blog...I love reading it whether it's good or bad news. SO if that makes you feel better to vent via blog than you go and do it. Especially about your mom.