Monday, April 16, 2012

Pretty Exciting!!!!!! (yes, I used 6 exclamation points)

No, not pregnant... I know that's what everyone was expecting.

We are officially, like officially officially, FOR SURE (say that with an Italian accent, please) HOME OWNERS!

Yep, we bought ourselves a house. It hasn't really set in just yet, but the overwhemling-anxiety attack ridden-oh my gosh I'm going to throw up-feeling has for the most part, subsided. Next phase of emotions is the "buyers remorse" which is planned to hit sometime this afternoon when we write a deposit check for 5 grand. Just saying that gives me the willies.

Before I go on, I do have to clarify that our deal could still fall apart depending on what comes back from the home inspection on Wednesday. However, our awesome realtor Jillaine Carlin, is fairly certain that there is nothing major. The furnace is the original however, but depending on how well it's been maintained, it may not be a concern for a few more years. All things being equal, let's just say that out of all the ones we saw, I didn't even have to make a pro/con list in order to make this decision. Not to mention, we BOTH liked it and Warren's dad even approved when we went back for a second showing. It was an easy choice and we knew it was the right place for us.
We are beyond excited to have worked so hard at saving up and being poor for so long, to finally have something to call our own. Best part is that we did it all on OUR OWN! No help from parents whatsoever! We are very proud of ourselves!
Pictures to follow, of course!

In other news, last week someone told me about how crow's (like the bird) have eidetic memories and remember faces, so if you are mean to them or anything- they'll come find you. So that kind of freaked me out. Good news is on Friday the 13th on my little walk to work, I made eye contact with a crow. So keep me in your prayers, because I like my eyes too much to have them pecked out of my head.

Everything else is good. We now get to start packing AGAIN. BTW this will be my 13th time moving in my life. Ugh.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Kelsey!!!! Congrats! Can I just say that I am more than a little jealous? I can't wait to see pics. Hurry fast!

Shilah said...

Hoooray! You are so Awesome! I'm so excited to see pictures :)

Sara said...

Yay! That's awesome! Congrats on the house! I look forward to pictures. :)

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

YAY YAY YAY!!! That is super exciting! I can't wait to see all the pictures. Good luck with the packing... I haven't moved quite as much as you but Karl and I have moved 5 times in the last two years... so we too are ready to be done moving. :)

Tannie Datwyler said...

Okay, so first thing I have to say is that the crow comment made me laugh out loud. Oh, thanks for that!

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you - owning something is awesome, just knowing you are not paying rent to someone else is amazing. Good luck, I hope it all goes well!!

Rebecca said...

Yay!!!

Life as Linds said...

WOOOOOHOOO! That is so exciting! The urge to paint a room bright lime green or hot pink might come up. Make sure to make that pro/con list at that point.

I cannot wait to see pictures! Congrats to you guys!