I've been at work for an hour, and I'm already resorting to blogging. It's 10am and I am now eating my oatmeal I brought for "lunch". Both boses are out, and my other two co-workers are also slow and bored.
Sorry if this puts you to sleep.
Erg. I am bitter. One thing I have been stressing about lately... who am I supposed to call when I have a question that only my mom can answer, when my mommy is gone?!
...Like that one time when I got tree sap in my hair.
...Or how to duct tape your car back together.
...And that time when I spilled nail polish on the counter.
...When my nephew dumped out a bottle of shampoo on the carpet.
...Who is going to navigate me through Idaho Falls?
...How do I turn on the BBQ?
...How to remove mascara from your clothing?
...How to cook a turkey.
...Why you can't substitute baking powder for baking soda.
...Or, yeah, that time when I stuck a fork in the bathroom electrical plug-in.
This is just a snippet of things I have asked or currently need to ask my mom. At first, it started out with me being upset that my momma would never get to know my future offspring. And then I got over that by telling myself that she'll get to know them in heaven before they come to Earth... before I get to know them.
Ah, now I feel better.
But who am I supposed to call when my kid does this...
Who is going to coach me when I feed my kid spaghetti...
My friends, this is a sure cause for concern! I don't know what I am going to do...
In other news, thissummer, July, is going to be uber busy. We are going to be heading down to Boise the beginning of July to see my momma, then we will be flying to Vancouver for Graham's wedding, then Matt & Kate are coming up, then there is the family reunion (which we decided last night we were not going to be able to attend) and THEN we will be flying to Denver for Whitney's wedding. And that takes us to August, in which we have another wedding that we may or may not be attending and our 3 year anniversary. Within all of that, I am pretty sure there will be my mom's funeral. Oy vey.
So, for all of my life, I have been looking forward to this year, 2011. Why? Because I am 23! Which in case you didn't know, is my lucky number, and I was born on the 23rd so it's my 'golden year'. Only this year has been anything but golden. First my mom, then having to go back to work, my car getting vandalized... boo.
Excuse me while I have myself a little pity party over here.
We got our car appraised yesterday. I like how we have to go through all this trouble just to have some short scrawning guy take a bunch of pictures of our car. If it's pictures he wants, I've got some. He can't even assess the damage or tell us what kind of service we are going to need... seriously? All we really know is that we are going to have to pay the deductable for our insurance. I have a feeling however, we are going to have to pay for whatever the cost is to fix the damages. That's just me, I will be surprised if we don't have to pay for more than the duductable. Only in a perfect world. Nonetheless, we have gotten several orders for Indian babies...
Happy Hump Day!
Sorry if this puts you to sleep.
Erg. I am bitter. One thing I have been stressing about lately... who am I supposed to call when I have a question that only my mom can answer, when my mommy is gone?!
...Like that one time when I got tree sap in my hair.
...Or how to duct tape your car back together.
...And that time when I spilled nail polish on the counter.
...When my nephew dumped out a bottle of shampoo on the carpet.
...Who is going to navigate me through Idaho Falls?
...How do I turn on the BBQ?
...How to remove mascara from your clothing?
...How to cook a turkey.
...Why you can't substitute baking powder for baking soda.
...Or, yeah, that time when I stuck a fork in the bathroom electrical plug-in.
This is just a snippet of things I have asked or currently need to ask my mom. At first, it started out with me being upset that my momma would never get to know my future offspring. And then I got over that by telling myself that she'll get to know them in heaven before they come to Earth... before I get to know them.
Ah, now I feel better.
But who am I supposed to call when my kid does this...
Who is going to coach me when I feed my kid spaghetti...
My friends, this is a sure cause for concern! I don't know what I am going to do...
In other news, this
So, for all of my life, I have been looking forward to this year, 2011. Why? Because I am 23! Which in case you didn't know, is my lucky number, and I was born on the 23rd so it's my 'golden year'. Only this year has been anything but golden. First my mom, then having to go back to work, my car getting vandalized... boo.
Excuse me while I have myself a little pity party over here.
We got our car appraised yesterday. I like how we have to go through all this trouble just to have some short scrawning guy take a bunch of pictures of our car. If it's pictures he wants, I've got some. He can't even assess the damage or tell us what kind of service we are going to need... seriously? All we really know is that we are going to have to pay the deductable for our insurance. I have a feeling however, we are going to have to pay for whatever the cost is to fix the damages. That's just me, I will be surprised if we don't have to pay for more than the duductable. Only in a perfect world. Nonetheless, we have gotten several orders for Indian babies...
Happy Hump Day!


1 comment:
Yeah when we got our car stolen we had to pay the deductible that was 500$ and the insurance only payed about 100$... It was LAME! I am sad to hear about your mom... I hope that you know you can always come to me with anything.. I hope that you will get to enjoy some time with her.
Post a Comment